[rrd-users] Compile-problem RRDTool 1.2.26

Rene Fritzsche Rene at deinheld.de
Fri Dec 21 14:40:02 CET 2007

Hi,

> > ./.libs/librrd.so: undefined reference to `art_free'
> > ./.libs/librrd.so: undefined reference to `art_alloc'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [rrdtool] Fehler 1

> My guess is there's something wrong with the libart installation as the
> errors refer to art_free and art_alloc. Maybe you should try to install
> libart again or download another version of the source (rrdtool mirrors
> have version 2.3.17 though). If the install is good, then rrdtool
> somehow doesn't 'see' it. Does configure give any errors/warnings
> regarding libart or art? Good luck.

Thanks 4 your advise.
i managed to successfully build rrdtool using the updated (2.3.19) version
of libart - had to build the libart using a "prefix=/usr" and thus installing
it into /usr/lib...
last time i simply ran the configuration-process of libart without any
options and so it was installed into /usr/local/lib...
the configuration-script of rrdtool didnt complain about that, so i thought,
everything's all right and the lib will correctly be linked when needed...
that's the way i did it the last few times, when installing rrdtool and
all dependencies - get all new source-archives, build them and finally build
the rrdtool and that didnt produce any problems by now... :/

So: problem solved... next please :)

Cu
Rene