[rrd-users] C API?
travislspencer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 05:25:49 CET 2007
On 2/6/07, Mark Easton <mark.easton at azurebell.co.nz> wrote:
> Gosh the C api is a closely guarded secret it seems.
I wouldn't say that. Almost everything that you need to know is at
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/index.en.html. The only real
secrets have been discussed on this and the developer list before.
This is what I've picked up:
1. Free any double pointers you pass into RRD upon success
2. Lock other threads out before calling any of RRD's function if
you're running in a multithreaded environment and calling a
non-reentrant version of an RRD function
3. Clear optint, opterr, and call rrd_clear_error before invoking an
4. All RRD functions return a non-zero value on failure and zero upon success.
5. You can call rrd_test_error to find out more when something goes wrong.
6 Ask here if you get stuck ;-)
Did I miss any?
for a few more details. Also, I would suggest that you subscribe to
the lists with a gmail account or something, so you can search them
easily. (That's what I do anyway.)
Happy hacking, Mark.
More information about the rrd-users