[rrd-users] Format of the rrdxport XML files...

David Taylor david.taylor at sl.com
Wed Feb 28 02:02:15 CET 2007

Hello!

I am writing some code to parse XML files output by the "rrdxport" command.

The documentation at http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdxport.en.html
is a little sparse. Does any kind of official grammar exist to describe
the schema of the XML files?

May I assume that all data output as a 'v' element is formatted as
double? (<v>3.4000000000e+00</v>)

Could any other type of data such as date or string be found there and
if so how is that defined in the XML?

Thanks.

David
--

David W. Taylor
Developer | SL Corporation | http://www.sl.com

david.taylor at sl.com <mailto:david.taylor at sl.com> | Tel: +1.415.927.8555 | Fax: +1.415.927.8401

Email communication may contain privileged or confidential information
proprietary to SL Corporation. If you have received this communication
in error, we ask that you advise the sender by reply e-mail and
immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or
disclosing the contents.