[rrd-users] Replicating part or all of rrd files

Jacob, Raymond A Jr raymond.jacob at navy.mil
Tue Jan 23 23:49:20 MET 2007

I will be setting up a Nagios server soon. Remote sites will generate
and  store performance data in rrd database.
I would like to replicate the rrd files on the remote sites with
performance data to a directory on a central server. The central  nagios
server will use that data to generate graphs. Researching the list, I
know one can pipe data from a remote server to central server.  I was
thinking of using cfengine or rsync to copy the files to the central
server but I thought that there would be concurrency issues.
Does a facility exist within rrd that can synchronize/replicate a local
copy of rrd files to a central server by establishing a checkpoint and
sending updates to central server once the files have been synchronized?

Thank you,
Raymond