[rrd-users] something missing rrdtool-related piece in my cacti/nagios integration

Rogelio Bastardo scubacuda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 00:33:42 CEST 2007

I'm trying to wrap my mind around how I might use rrdtool to "integrate"
(or, more specifically, how I can pipe Nagios output to rrdtool and
then have Cacti poll that rrd database). Both Nagios and Cacti are
installed ok, and now I'm trying to get n2rrd properly installed and
"gluing" together the two programs.

I've (I think) followed all of these instructions ok, but am unsure
which rrdtool-related piece I am missing to make it all work ok now.

http://n2rrd.diglinks.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/InstallationGuide

--n2rrd is unpacked to /etc/n2rrd ok
--nagios cfg files are edited properly
--made a /path/to/templates/service.t file (icmp.t to be exact)
--can reload nagios ok (with no errors)
--from what i can tell, my /etc/n2rrd/n2rrd.conf is configured with
all the right variables

Any help would be greatly appreciated.