[rrd-users] Duplicate Y-axis labels Not: Duplicate month

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Jun 1 18:28:27 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 10:03:05AM -0600, David Ball wrote:
>    I have a similar issue, but my duplicates are occuring on the
> Y-axis, and more frequently (ex. I'll see 3 instances of the same
> number instead of just duplicates).  Happens VERY rarely
> (approximately 1 in 80 times that I generate a graph).  I've now seen
> it happen in 2 consecutive months for the same RRD data set (ie. data
> from the same interface for 2 different months).  Still seaching for
> commonalities that might be causing it on my side, as the latest
> RRDTool produced the same result.

I believe I have recently answered this...

Let's try again, in a different fashion:

One line is 1.000000005
One line is 1.000000004
One line is 1.000000003
One line is 1.000000002
One line is 1.000000001

RRDtool only displays a couple of digits:

One line is 1.000000005  -->  1.000
One line is 1.000000004  -->  1.000
One line is 1.000000003  -->  1.000
One line is 1.000000002  -->  1.000
One line is 1.000000001  -->  1.000

There is an option to use which gives better results. I don't
remember exactly which one it is, please see the manual page
for rrdtool graph.

HTH
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt