[rrd-users] Bits to Bytes.. trying to figure out what'shappening

Westlake, Simon simon.westlake at twcable.com
Mon Mar 19 14:58:56 CET 2007

Sorry for the top posting.. my work enforced client doesn't like to give
me any other options. Anyway..

I am actually running at a 5 minute interval which, by the calculation
you posted Alex, shows ~115 megabit per second, which was what I was
typically seeing.

I ran some quick tests, and the devices I'm monitoring all appear to
support the ifHC OID. I'm doing some further testing to ensure it won't
break any graphs, but so far, using the 64 bit counters appears to be
working fine. From the responses I've received, it appears that is
likely to be the cause of the issue (which I very much appreciate, as I
don't think I would have come to that conclusion for quite some time.)

--
Simon Westlake
Time Warner Cable Business Class