[rrd-users] Loader/linker undefined symbols

Sam Umbach sumbach at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 02:50:58 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, Chimento, Philip F. <Philip.Chimento at jhuapl.edu> wrote:
> Scanning the past couple of months of the mailing list, I saw some allusions
>  to this problem but didn't the resolution. I am trying to install
> rrd-1.2.19
>  on Mac OS X and my Python installation is in /sw. Configure seems to have
>  picked this up OK (i.e. It looks like the correct prefixes are generated
> for
>  the makefile), but I am getting a lot of undefined Python symbols when it
>  tries to "make all in python" after the other compiles are over. Has anyone
>  else run into this? Am I missing something?
>  Thanks.
>
>  Regards,
>  Phil Chimento

Phil,

Since the 1.2.19 release, the python bindings build has been changed
over to a setup.py script.  This is more portable, better documented,
and more in line with most python extensions.  These are the relevant
changesets:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/changeset/991
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/changeset/992
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/changeset/993
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/changeset/995

Release 1.2.18 is working fine for me (on Linux), but if you need the
latest changes, the snapshot build is working, too.  I don't have an
OSX box to test on, so give it a try and let us know if it's working.

Hope that helps,
Sam