[rrd-users] Daily Summary?

Wintle, Rod Rod.Wintle at twcable.com
Wed Mar 28 20:08:14 CEST 2007

I have a RRD setup using cacti that polls an interface every 5 minutes for inbound and outbound.  At the end of each day (just after midnight), I want to review the data from the day before and establish 1 hour averages.

I am able to get ½ hour averages with this command

rrdtool fetch pi_switch_traffic_in_383.rrd AVERAGE -r 3600 -s 00:00 -e 24:00

But, I'm looking to get 1 hour averages.  I then want to pull the highest 8 values for both in and out and re-write those to an RRD that I can make monthly graphs out of.

Any thoughts on scripting to do this?

Thanks!

--Rod

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.