[rrd-users] [rrd-developers] RRD Web service

Goldburt, Dan Dan.Goldburt at dowjones.com
Thu Mar 29 18:09:38 CEST 2007

Larry,

I'm using Cacti also, so I could install the boost plugin. From what
I've read (and the documentation is still in its formative state, as far
as I can tell), the relevant features only mention batched updates to
RRD. We don't have issues with performance on update. Can you please
describe any fetch/export services that boost provides. I also don't
understand how "This service allows you to add multiple Cacti servers to
your web farm allowing all the servers
to participate in the "on demand" RRD update and viewing process." This
is the first I've heard about distributed Cacti backends. Sorry if I
seem to be veering too far into the Cacti domain for this listserve's
intentions. But if Cacti can separate the server that populates the rrd
files from the server that presentats the data, that's what I'd be
interested in.

Thanks,
Dan