[rrd-users] rrdfetch resolution problem

Sam Umbach sumbach at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:33:30 CEST 2007

> I've got a set of RRDs we created to track DNS traffic with a 300
> second (5 minute) resolution.  I'm trying to retrieve the 5 minute
> averages, maximums and minimums for the last quarter in order to run
> some statistics that I can't generate directly from rrd.
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to convince rrdtool to give me data in
> any resolution other than 1 hour.  Can someone point out where I'm
> going wrong?

Matt,

It's my understanding that fetch will use the highest resolution RRA
containing the entire time interval you request (start time through
end time).  If you perform an rrdtool dump, do you see the values
you're looking for?  We need more detail about your rrd file
(specifically the RRA definitions) to be helpful.  Please send the
rrdtool create command you used to create the rrd or a full rrd dump.

Thanks,
Sam