[rrd-users] Fwd: Duplicate values along the Y-axis of a graph

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu May 3 02:19:54 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:52:07PM -0600, David Ball wrote:
>    Resending this message without the image attachment, as it wasn't
> making it past the moderator (or at least, he/she/they haven't
> permitted it yet, as far as I know).

At least one of the moderators has been, is, and will be quite busy.
Sorry for that. Apparently the other moderators were also unavailable.
FWIW, I would have rejected your post anyway. Too big is too big. Please
use a link to some website next time. If you don't have a public website,
use one of the free photo-sharing sites.

I've seen this myself.  It happens when all rates are close together
and high.  Example: all rates are between 1,100,100 and 1,100,400.
RRDtool may be displaying 1.1M a couple of times. (I don't know if
the example is actually working as I just told; it is just for the
discussion). The grid lines are placed at 1,100,000 (1.1M rounded),
1,100,100 (also 1.1M rounded), 1,100,200 and so on.

One of the options will make RRDtool behave better in this case.
I think it is --alt-y-grid.

HTH
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt