[rrd-users] problem with update function

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 14:12:09 CET 2007

David Thamm wrote:

>I have now a another problem. I have written a program to read out data
>from serial port, and than i will update my rrd with this data.
>
>The problem is:
>
>When i start the script within my update function normaly, the rrd has
>no new data. When i start the function more and more, than has the rrd
>new data. The must be occurred in a little while. It is different when
>the function works.

The question is hard to understand, but I think you mean "the data
that comes out of rrdtool isn't what you put in". See
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/ and look at the excellent
explanation of normalisation to see why you are getting correct
results.

If this isn't the problem, then try rephrasing the question.