[rrd-users] rrdtool graph ( v1.2.24 ) hangs on AIX 5.3

Hans-Joachim Ehlers HansJoachim.Ehlers at eumetsat.int
Mon Nov 19 16:28:41 CET 2007

I have attached the file weight  http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/attachment/ticket/123/weight.xml to the ticket. The file has been created with " rrdtool dump "

tia
Hajo

>>> Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex at ergens.op.het.net> 19/11/2007 14:13 >>>
On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 11:18:20AM +0100, Hans-Joachim Ehlers wrote:
> Problem:
> I successfully build rrdtool v1.2.24 on AIX ML 6 with IBM xlc v8.
> But i have the problem that after a some time and ONLY on a certain database the command " rrdtool graph  .. " will hang in a loop. I build a debug version that shows me that i have for some values a NaNQ ( Not a Need number ? ).

Not A Number, Quiet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaN

> But first i would like to figure out if it is a AIX problem or not. So if somebody could test the trouble causing rrd database http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/attachment/ticket/123/weight.rrd  with rrdtool >= 1.2.23 and post the result.

I get an error when I try to wget this.  Browsing the tickets, looking
for number 123, clicking the links and such works.

However, that results in a database from another architecture.

Try exporting the database to xml and upload that.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/