[rrd-users] rrdtool graph ( v1.2.24 ) hangs on AIX 5.3

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Nov 19 18:22:56 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 11:18:20AM +0100, Hans-Joachim Ehlers wrote:
> Problem:
> I successfully build rrdtool v1.2.24 on AIX ML 6 with IBM xlc v8.
> But i have the problem that after a some time and ONLY on a certain database the command " rrdtool graph  .. " will hang in a loop. I build a debug version that shows me that i have for some values a NaNQ ( Not a Need number ? ).
>
> But first i would like to figure out if it is a AIX problem or not. So if somebody could test the trouble causing rrd database http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/attachment/ticket/123/weight.rrd  with rrdtool >= 1.2.23 and post the result.
> The test commands are given below: ( Output goes to stdout )
> BTW: With rrdtool 1.2.13 i do not have this problem on the same database

I fetched the xml file, restored it and tried generating a graph.
The same problem occurs. It only happens for the third example script.

rrdtool fetch does work, using the same parameters.

There may be something wrong in computing values for the Y-axis.
(this is a quick guess only!)

Try adding "--lower-limit -1.00001" to your script, and report back.

cheers,
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/