[rrd-users] RRDs in AFS

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 2 18:48:36 CEST 2007

Folks,

Does anyone have experience using/updating RRDs that live in the OpenAFS
filesystem?

Normally, AFS provides our shared storage for redundant and highly available
servers.  I have several RRDTool scripts/applications setup in AFS and I
ensure that only one process writes to a given RRD.  However, while some
work well others suffer from silent data corruption when updating the
RRDs.  A small handful of rows are written properly (according to
rrdtool dump) but the next update removes all the PDPs except for the
newly inserted row.

Any clues?  I'm using rrdtool 1.2.23 and 1.2.18.

Jack Neely
--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>
NCSU Campus Linux Services Lead