[rrd-users] rrd graph - multiple graphs on one plot?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 20:08:30 CEST 2007

Gregory Guthrie wrote:

>I wanted to have multiple data on one graph, and also add an
>additional set of y-axis labels.
>
>I'd like to have wind speed and direction on one graph, and have the
>velocity labels as standard on the left Y-axis, but also add a
>direction indicator (N S E W) scale label over the scaled
>(0-360  =>  20-30) wind direction on the right hand side of the graph.

It's a FAQ, and I think it's already been asked once this week (have
you read the archives ?). The answer is no you can't.

I suspect that there are people looking at how to code it since it is
such a popular request. On the other hand, when you stop and think
about it, it stops being such a trivial exercise to scale both scales
sensibly while sharing a common grid.