[rrd-users] Need help with a CDEF/AREA setup

Paul Rimmer paul.rimmer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 23:13:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've been using rrdtool to graph temps around my house for a couple of
months now.  I setup a CDEF that shows night vs. day based on sunrise and
sunset temps.  Its been working great however now that the below zero have
arrived, I notice that the AREA does not cross the x-axis.

You can see what I mean here:

http://ronin-tech.com/Content/pid=27.html

The script I use to generate the graphs is here:

http://ronin-tech.com/Content/pid=26.html#graphtemp

The line that defines the CDEF used for night is:

CDEF:night=LTIME,86400,%,$1,LT,INF,LTIME,86400,%,$2,GT,INF,UNKN,Basement,*,IF,IF
\

Any idea how I can change this so that the night AREA covers both sides of
the x-axis?

Cheers,
Paul