[rrd-users] Getting Started with RRD

Lex ephedrine at rogers.com
Mon Oct 29 03:24:50 CET 2007

Hello RRDers,

    I've a question or two about getting started, and appreciate any time you can offer!

    I have a system, that periodically reports server load, HDD load as well as a few other stats...to get started however I'd like to make a simple graph that plots server load, and ping response time.

    In a tabular format, my data would look something like this:

unix timestamp       ping-to response time        cpu load
1193624363        0.02                                  0.1
1193624363        0.001                                0.05

    Is it possible to plot both of these bits of information on a same RRDTool graph?

Thanks!
Alex