[rrd-users] newbie rrd question - probably a very old issue

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 17:26:28 CEST 2007

Tobias,

yes, we are just getting rather frustrated with why this is happening.
I hope you and Alex can understand.

and I have said in every post it is likely something we're doing, we just
don't know what.
we can't see why with what we've done - how it's doing this.

it's going to be some small stupid thing we missed, that's my gut feeling.

we've eliminated the graph, which is good.
we are trying to understand how the raw data shows one value and query gives
us another - using the command line functions.

I used RRD years ago, and became quite adept at it, I seem to recall we had
this exact same issue and fixed it, but then I didn't use RRD for many
years, and I forgot these details.

so hopefully Alex can understand the frustration, and I'll definitely post
the details when I can

i appreciate the help, in the meantime i'll look into recreating this on my
local system, if I can do that with a smaller data set we have a much better
chance of finding the issue.