[rrd-users] newbie rrd question - probably a very old issue

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 18:31:44 CEST 2007

Well here it is, I managed to get our definition - from the 1 year of data
version

create rrd_file --start 0 --step 120
"DS:a:GAUGE:360:U:U","RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:12*31*24*3600/120"

sorry its cut from the perl script that does it, but that's the definition

the 3 months version is just 3*31*24*3600/120 instead of the above.

again in a sense, the graph being "wrong" makes sense, because the command
line query gives the same results.

if we can solve why the command line query gives the result it does, I think
we'll have our answer.