[rrd-users] rrdtutorial not working

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Fri Sep 7 14:10:05 CEST 2007

Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> yes except that I don't think MS_SYNC is ideal it should rather be
> MS_ASYNC and have the OS decide when to sync ... or would this not
> suffice ?

I'm no expert on this, I just wanted to voice my support as I have run
into this issue before.  I would think that MS_ASYNC would be
sufficient, hopefully someone with more knowledge of this can step in.

> otoh, things will only work well once the architecture independent
> rrd file format is implemented ...

This is true, though in the meantime as far as I can tell it would be
functional with the caveat that the host and client must use the same
architecture.

Dan