[rrd-users] memory corruption

Andreas Maus a.maus at science-computing.de
Thu Apr 10 18:15:36 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 06:00:54PM +0200, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> Dear folks,
Hi.

> $ rrdtool dump /var/lib/cricket//power/klimagepek/fh1.rrd
[... snipp ...]

>                 <type> COMPUTE </type>
> *** glibc detected *** realloc(): invalid pointer: 0xbfb01af1 ***
> Aborted
O.K. (Thank god newer libc are more picky about such memory inconsistencies ; )
At first which version of rrdtool do you use ?
Maybe you should upgrade to a more recent version?

Or - as a workaround - set the environment variable MALLOC_CHECK_ to 0
But I recommed a - possible - upgrade of the rrdtool. I bet this issue
has been fixed ;)

> 1. I don't know if the first command creating database is correct or not.
> Please help.
If it gives no error it should be created correct.

> 3. I guess rrddump should not crash but check file more strictly.
> "rrdtool fetch /var/lib/cricket//power/klimagepek/fh1.rrd AVERAGE" works well.
Well if the creation works without error _AND_ you can fill the database
with - sane - values. Well I think the database is fine.

HTH,

Andreas.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73