[rrd-users] LISA'08, San Diego, 9th-14th November 2008

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Aug 29 03:21:04 CEST 2008

[cid:image001.gif at 01C909DA.166B48A0]

[cid:image002.gif at 01C909DA.166B48A0]

[cid:image005.jpg at 01C909DA.166B48A0]

Hello, all MRTG, RRDtool and Routers2 users:

This year at the LISA'08 conference in San Diego there's going to be a number of things that may be of interest to you.

Firstly, Tobi (and myself) will be there which of course makes attending worthwhile from the start...

Secondly, Tobi is going to be running several workshops, including RRDtool ones on Monday and Tuesday, plus a Tech Session on Wednesday afternoon.

Thirdly, I will be running a BoF session in the Hampton Room at 7:30pm-8:30pm on Wednesday for MRTG, RRDtool and of course Routers2.  I'll give a short presentation on some of the things you can achieve with all three together, and there will be informal discussion and exchange of ideas and experiences.  They've given us one of the big rooms that fits 100 people, so lets all turn up and justify their optimism!   I'm also planning on handing out CDs with all the latest relevant software packages, example configurations, and cfgmaker templates.

Finally, you'll be able to get a look at the new book, "Using MRTG with RRDtool and Routers2" that's being published next month, and hopefully purchase many copies.  Anyone wanting to reserve a copy for pickup at LISA at a 50% discount please contact me by direct email.

I'm sure that Tobi will make an announcement separately about his Training and Technical sessions at LISA, so I won't go into detail about these (other than to say they all look interesting).  The BoF session ('Birds of a Feather') is a semi-formal get-together for all MRTG, RRDtool and Routers2 users to learn more about what they can achieve with the software.

 *   If you use RRDtool in conjunction with MRTG or with other software, or if you use MRTG in Native mode or with RRDtool, then come along and (hopefully) learn something new.
 *   If you use Routers2 with MRTG/RRD then come along and tell me what improvements you'd like to see.
 *   If you want to discuss the challenges of using MRTG to monitor unusual devices, or in a virtualised environment, then come along and share your experiences with your peers.
 *   If you want to discuss development of MRTG, RRDtool or Routers2 with Tobi or myself then come along.

To attend LISA08, see this URL:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa08/

See you all at LISA08!

-Steve

[cid:image006.gif at 01C909DA.166B48A0] If you reply to this message, watch out for cross-posting to multiple lists

---
Steve Shipway
UNIX Systems Administration, University of Auckland, New Zealand
+64 9 3737 599 x 86487
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz<mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz>