[rrd-users] RRDtool to another level - add 3D and 4D capabilities -

Stefan Parvu stefanparvu14 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 10:01:50 CET 2008

Morning,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but here are some comments
after long talks with Dr. Neil Gunther, http://www.perfdynamics.com/
about how can we better see and display metrics from different systems.
2D might be enough for majority of cases but not good enough. Adding
3D and 4D realism to our collected data we could better see and
understand our workloads.

Has anyone considered looking into:

 - Barycentric Visualizer http://www.perfdynamics.com/Tools/tools.html
 - Barry 3D, 4D http://www.perfdynamics.com/Papers/barry007.pdf
   http://www.perfdynamics.com/cmg.html#tth_sEc1

An important addition to RRDtool would be to bring multidimensional
behavior to our collected data using BarryN plotting. This would mean
to be possible to have rrdtool to plot directly BarryN graphs (animated gif, or simple a mov etc)

Comments ?

Thanks,
stefan

Stefan Parvu