[rrd-users] Optimize RRD update

Gwenael Lahay gwenael.lahay at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 4 11:13:24 CET 2008

Hello,

To be more concrete, i use rrd files to store data extracted by the tool
Flowscan.
The tool calculates the bits/sec and packets/sec on a network.
I store this result in rrd files (the tool calculate the average for 1
minutes).

For the moment, i use this parameters :

step 60

DS:bytes:ABSOLUTE:300:0:U
DS:pkts:ABSOLUTE:300:0:U
DS:flows:ABSOLUTE:300:0:U

and

RRA:AVERAGE:0:1:4320
RRA:AVERAGE:0.8:5:2016
RRA:AVERAGE:0.94:15:2976

Flowscan tool returns only values different to zero.
If there is no data, it means that there is no flow on the network (zero
value).

do i use correct parameters ?