[rrd-users] Malloc error when creating graph (Debian on NSLU2/ARM)

u7l11ey at mail.lrz-muenchen.de u7l11ey at mail.lrz-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 5 14:26:07 CET 2008

Hi Tobi,

thanks for following up on this. However, your suggestion does not make
any difference.

Here is a simple test case, modeled after my original setup:

rrdtool create temptest.rrd --start 1201691880 --step 60 \
DS:AF:GAUGE:120:U:U \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:11520

(No data loaded into the rrdtool database!)

rrdtool graph temptest.png \
--end now --start end-48799 -a PNG -t "Temperaturverlauf 4h" \
--vertical-label "Temperatur °C" \
--width 800 --height 400 \
DEF:aussen=temptest.rrd:AF:AVERAGE \
CDEF:aus=aussen,10,/ \
LINE1:aus#ff0000:"Aussen"

results in: ERROR: malloc im->gdes[gdi].data

When I change the "start" parameter of the "rrdtool graph" command
to "end-48800" (just one second more!), the expected empty graph is
produced.

Could somebody with a development environment on a NSLU2 running Debian
reproduce this test case and maybe debug what is happening?

Regards, Richard