[rrd-users] Cannot find installed libs for compile on MacOSX

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu Feb 21 01:50:15 CET 2008

Hi. I am compiling rrdtool for my ppc mac. I have reviewed both the
bsdport and macport to evaluate compile options. My configuration is as
follows. I did not want the perl web site so removed perl and cgi:

          --prefix=/opt/local
          --disable-perl
          --disable-ruby
          --disable-tcl
          --mandir=/opt/local/share/man

I have set my environment variables to the following

CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include \
          -I/opt/local/include/libart-2.0 \
          -I/opt/local/include/freetype2 \
          -I/opt/local/include/libpng12

LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib

The traceback I am getting is as follows. I'd appreciate any clues since
I cannot see any problem with what I have passed to the build. I realize
that there is a macport for this. I build my own software for a variety
of reasons but mostly to have better control over it (I cannot be
convinced to use ports systems despite their convenience). I do use the
port systems for reference since MacOSX is fundamentally FreeBSD/Darwin.
All software gets installed into /opt which is common with macports
also. Also, can I ask whether you have plans to permit the dependency
libs to be configured using arguments to configuration. ie.

--with-zlib=DIR
--with-cgilib=DIR
--with-libart=DIR
--with-libfreetype=DIR
--with-libpng=DIR

This would certainly be explicit. Many thanks.

Regards,
David

checking if IEEE math works out of the box... yes
checking for cgiInit in -lcgi... no
checking for pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cgilib. Check config.log for hints
on why
   this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
   so that compiler and the linker can find libcgi and its header files. If
   you have not installed cgilib, you can get it either from its
original home on

      http://www.infodrom.org/projects/cgilib

   You can find also find an archive copy on

      http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/libs

   The last tested version of cgilib is 0.5.

        LIBS=
    LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib
   CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/libart-2.0
-I/opt/local/include/freetype2 -I/opt/local/include/libpng12

checking for art_vpath_add_point in -lart_lgpl_2... no
checking for pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of libart-2.0. Check config.log for
hints on why
   this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
   so that compiler and the linker can find libart_lgpl_2 and its header
files. If
   you have not installed libart-2.0, you can get it either from its
original home on

      ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libart_lgpl/2.3/

   You can find also find an archive copy on

      http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/libs

   The last tested version of libart-2.0 is 2.3.17.

        LIBS=
    LDFLAGS=
   CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/opt/local/include
-I/opt/local/include/libart-2.0 -I/opt/local/include/freetype2
-I/opt/local/include/libpng12

checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for png_access_version_number in -lpng... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of libpng. Check config.log for hints
on why
   this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
   so that compiler and the linker can find libpng and its header files. If
   you have not installed libpng, you can get it either from its
original home on

      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libpng/

   You can find also find an archive copy on

      http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/libs

   The last tested version of libpng is 1.2.8.

        LIBS=-lz
    LDFLAGS=
   CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/libart-2.0
-I/opt/local/include/freetype2 -I/opt/local/include/libpng12

checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of freetype2. Check config.log for
hints on why
   this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
   so that compiler and the linker can find libfreetype and its header
files. If
   you have not installed freetype2, you can get it either from its
original home on

      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freetype/

   You can find also find an archive copy on

      http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/libs

   The last tested version of freetype2 is 2.1.9.

        LIBS=-lz
    LDFLAGS=
   CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/opt/local/include