[rrd-users] Cannot find installed libs for compile on MacOSX

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sat Feb 23 16:23:38 CET 2008

Hi. I seem to be getting a bit further but still having some difficulty.
First, compile would not proceed without cgilib. I was initially only
able to track down 0.5 which brought me no joy since it was broken and
needed patching which seemed to get me further. I later found a patched
0.5.1 which is what I ought to have been using in the first place. Maybe
something for clarification for others in future (and where it is
located also).

I have tried getting around the problems with the compiler flags by
installing libart, freetype and libpng in /usr/local instead. This is
not the solution I want. Not quite sure the original compile with the
libs in /opt/local will not do the job whether I have missed something.
Hopefully someone can set me straight here.

So now that all libs are compiled I am running into a problem with
shared flag on make with rrdtool. My traceback is below. Some word from
anyone on the list would be great with a pointer or two on solving these
issues. Many thanks.

Regards,
David

gcc -g -O2 -fno-common -DPIC -Wall -pedantic -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -o .libs/rrdtoolmodule.so -shared
rrdtoolmodule.o  -L/usr/local/lib
-L/private/tmp/tmph-MRHh-buildout-rrdtool/rrdtool-1.2.7/src
/private/tmp/tmph-MRHh-buildout-rrdtool/rrdtool-1.2.7/src/.libs/librrd.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib /usr/local/lib/libpng12.dylib -lz
/usr/local/lib/libart_lgpl_2.dylib -lm /usr/local/lib/libcgi.a
/usr/lib/libiconv.dylib
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: unrecognized option '-shared'
/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyDict_New
_PyDict_SetItemString
_PyErr_Format