[rrd-users] rrdtool graph confusion

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:48:07 CEST 2008

Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> writes:

> It looks like you are trying to get rrd to interpret the date string,
> something I don't think I managed to get exactly right IIRC - it's a
> long time now since I wrote my first script, and newer ones have been
> "copy and adapt" derivatives.

Just an observation: while I didn't use those date formatter strings
yet myself, a brief glimpse over the docs reveals

 PRINT:vname:format[:strftime]
 GPRINT:vname:format
 COMMENT:text

where those date/time formatter strings are explained to be part of
the *strftime* format string.

This means they won't work with COMMENT or GPRINT anyway, so when used
in those the date has to be computed and formatted on script level as
you say.

In my experience, when running into problems, paying some attention to
the docs often helps a lot.

Regards, R.