[rrd-users] y-axis scaling change from 1.0.46 to 1.2.12?

Rene Fritzsche Rene at deinheld.de
Thu Jul 3 14:17:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I use cacti as a front end to rrdtool. When upgrading the cacti server I
> noticed a change in the graphs which seems to be caused by the upgrade
> of rrdtool from 1.0.46 to 1.2.12. With the older rrdtool the graphs look
> like this:
>
> http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~cboehme1/cacti_old.png
[...]
> With the newer rrdtool it looks like this:
>
> http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~cboehme1/cacti_new.png
[...]
> The changes in resolution and fonts are caused by cacti, but what causes
> the y-axis to reach beyond the upper boundary (causing unwanted unfilled
> space in the graph)? Can I somehow reproduce the old behavior? Many thanks!

what amazes me more is the fact, that not only the drawing itself
changed (like the extra-space at the top, which seems to be produced
by that little arrow ontop of the y-axis) but the average values too.
is there some reason, why these calculations lead to different values
although its the same formular?

Greets,
Rene.