[rrd-users] y-axis scaling change from 1.0.46 to 1.2.12?

Christian Boehme Christian.Boehme at gwdg.de
Thu Jul 3 17:30:17 CEST 2008

Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr. schrieb:
> I mean HRULE. When I used it the graph adjust exactly, with --upper-limit
> and --rigid It does not. I don't botter to much with this issue, so I use the

This might work, but you cannot set an HRULE value in the template to be
used as a per graph value, so in my case - I have quite a few graphs of
this template - it would be very cumbersome.

> graphs in this state. But its curious the 1.2.x have thats "upper margin" in
> the y axis, like thats does not appear shows any errors, I think it's a
> aesthetic difference.

Well, in a stacked graph it is very nice to immediately see that it is
not filled to the maximum value. In the old graphs the free space would
indicate just this. In the new graphs you have to look closely. IMHO
this is an annoying difference. Thanks for your answers, though.

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Boehme
email: Christian.Boehme at gwdg.de