[rrd-users] logarithmic scale and units-exponent=0

Karl Fischer rrd-users at ficos.de
Wed Jul 16 11:36:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to display a graph with logarithmic scale and units-exponent=0.
Since CPU-Load can have very low numbers like 0.01 as well as quite high
numbers like 50, I'd like to have a log scale here, however, to make it
more readable I'd like to have the y-axis labled 0.1, 1, 10, 100 instead
of 1e-01, 1e+00, 1e+01, 1e+02 etc ...
But rrdgraph seems to ignore the --units-exponent=0 directive completely.

using Version 1.2.23

What am I doing wrong?

 --height=200
 --logarithmic
 --units-exponent=0
 --title=CPU Load Average (logarithmic scale)
 DEF:loadavg=Proc.rrd:loadavg:AVERAGE
 AREA:loadavg#0000f0:average

thanks

- Karl