[rrd-users] on-the-fly graph generation

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 16:15:59 CEST 2008

I wrote:

>So all I need to do is have a script like :
>
>    build graph image file
>    send headers
>    cat image file

Now I spot my next problem which I vaguely recall I never worked
around first time I looked at it.

Looking back at my scripts, I previously used rrdcgi because ... I
have many different graph variants, and many of them have the
definition built using conditionals and loops. Up until now, I've
been adding bits to a text file, and then feeding the text file
through rrdcgi - I'm struggling to do the same with rrdtool graph.

In effect, I need to do something like :

rrdtool graph <file> `cat ${Tempfile}`

which doesn't work - and I'm sure this will be something trivial !