[rrd-users] rrd function in C programming

Andreas Maus a.maus at science-computing.de
Mon Jul 21 11:20:28 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 05:14:32PM +0800, zhuxl at lenovo.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am really breaking my neck trying to figure out how to call rrd
> functions in C programs (i do not want to fork a process and exelc the
> script by the way). Unfortunately not so many materials are available. I
> found in the oetiker website that some wrap functions (such as
> wrap_rrd_create() can be used in C. I tried this, but problems arise as I
> want to compile my program. I think i did something wrong while linking,
> etc. But i am not sure about how to compile it, either the library path.
> Can anyone please help me with this?
Hi Shirley.

The API is defined in rrd.h and for most functions
they accept the same arguments as the command line
call.

What problems do you have while compiling ?
Can you be a more specific and send the errors
you got? Without the error messages no one can help you.

HTH,

Andreas.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73