[rrd-users] Problems building RRDtool-1.3.0

David Masterson (damaster) damaster at cisco.com
Tue Jul 29 02:05:54 CEST 2008

Bernard Li <mailto:bernard at vanhpc.org> scribbled on Monday, July 28,
2008 4:36 PM:

> Hi David:
>
> What OS are you trying to install rrdtool on?  If Linux, which
> distribution/version?

I've run into problems on two different systems.  One is an old 32-bit
RH72 system and the other is a 64-bit RHEL ASr4 system.

> BTW, rrdtool 1.3.1 was released -- you might want to try that to see
> if it works better for you.

I'll have to look at that.  The patch that I did would seem to be
obvious in that it was essentially moving declarations from the middle
of functions to the beginning of functions.  I would've thought others
ran into that right away.  Which type of compiler is RRDtool qualified
for?

David Masterson