[rrd-users] Graphing integer data in Cacti/RRDTool

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Thu Jun 12 14:27:04 CEST 2008

Hi Tobi!

In this case, with the # of users logged in, I'd like it to display the
sampling that it has for the 12:00 instant. Then the 12:05 instant for the
12:05-12:10 window.

So ultimately perhaps I need Cacti's poller to assist in keeping the data
collection times consistant over the 5 min polling intervals, yet tell
RRDTool that the data set it is dealing with is integer in nature.

And from what I read, there seems to a a small handful of data sets folks
are graphing that fit this model (where an interpolation with a decimal
answer make no sense).

How would you describe the behavior that MRTG without RRD behaved in this
matter? As it did produce the squarewave like graphs I felt did a great
job of representing interger gauges such as this.

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
CCIE# 20018