[rrd-users] Graphing integer data in Cacti/RRDTool

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Jun 13 00:11:39 CEST 2008

Hi Nick,

Today Nick Ellson wrote:

> Tobi,
>
> I am sorry if I did miss your meaning previously. I am having trouble
> understanding where, between Cacti & RRDTool, I might obtain a graph similar
> to the artifact I was getting through MRTG graphing non-network throughput. ;)
> I can take this to the Cacti forums, maybe there are alternatives for
> displaying the data for specific graph types.

as I said before, rrdtool does not have such a function ... we
could att an INT function to CDEF but it does not exist at the
moment.

> As to the "what would I want to se"e should I have a gap in my data? I
> actually liked the switch in MRTG that held the previous value, or showed zero
> for that period. I used a little of both behaviors.

You got me wrong. My question was, what sort of numbers you would
expect to see in a 1 year graph where every day is just one pixel.
Would you want to see whole numbers too ?

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902