[rrd-users] Still trying to create a graph from multiple sources in RRDtool

Matthew M. Boedicker matthewm at boedicker.org
Fri Jun 13 17:40:28 CEST 2008

If you have multiple DSs you can update them by using the --template option
to rrdtool update like this:

rrdtool update file.rrd --template DS1name:DS2name:DS3name N:DS1value:DS2value:DS3value

For CPU usage you might want to try GAUGE instead of COUNTER. For graphing
them you could use 3 different color AREAs with STACK. The graph would have
3 DEFs (one for each data source) and 3 AREAs.