[rrd-users] rrdtool 1.3.0: restore: ERROR: parse_tag_rra: Unknown tag: xff

Irwin Tillman irwin at princeton.edu
Tue Jun 24 23:32:03 CEST 2008

I'm trying to move a dataset from one platform to another.
The rrdtool restore from version 1.2.27 appears to work for me, but not
the one from version 1.3.0.

--

The source platform created the dataset using rrdtool 1.0.49.

I use rrdtool 1.0.49 on the source platform to dump it as follows:
   rrdtool dump foo.rrd > foo.xml

On the target platform, I try to restore the dataset
using rrdtool 1.3.0, but instead encounter this error:
  rrdtool restore foo.xml foo.rrd
  ERROR: parse_tag_rra: Unknown tag: xff

When I instead use rrdtool 1.2.27 on the target platform to perform
the restore, it appears to work fine.

source platform: Solaris 9 on sparc, rrdtool 1.0.49 built with gcc 3.3.3
target platform: Solaris 10 on sparc, rrdtool 1.3.0 (or 1.2.27) built with gcc 4.2.3