[rrd-users] Perl RRDs 1.3 graphing deadly slow on Debian Etch.

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:00:28 CEST 2008

Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> writes:

> Hi Raimund,
>
> is your webserver running on the same machine as you tested the
> commandline version ? The layer of code that is different between
> the perl and the cli version is really small, ...
>
> Are you sure RRDs is picking up the new modules, or cold it be that
> it still goes for the 1.2 code ?

I forced the version in perl with "use RRDs 1.3000" and "1.2015"
directives respectively, and additionally checked correct linkage of
each of the RRDs.so modules with "ldd".

After some further testing I'm bound to correct myself though. The
real bad performance seems to happen only when running in Apache, for
reasons not yet obvious to me. The version switch outlined above makes
a tenfold difference in running time.

Anyway, this is clearly out of the scope of this list. Sorry for the
false alarm, and many thanks for your feedback and those reminders
... ;)

R.