[rrd-users] RRDtool Average for 1 Day

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 08:28:51 CET 2008

apoch632 wrote:

>Basically I want to get the average traffic usage from an RRD File for one
>day
>
>I used
>
>rrdtool fetch bytesRcvd.rrd AVERAGE -r 86400 -s 1187691600(When the file
>begins) -e 1187778000 (One day later)
>
>However when I run this command it gives me values for every 300 seconds.
>How do I get it to give me a single value for the one day time frame

rrdfetch won't - it will give you the raw data from an rra. You can
use rrdgraph to do this, ask for a "graph" from x-86400 to x (where x
is "last midnight"), use a vdef to get a single value for the rra
being "graphed", and then gprint to print it. Just don't use any
graph commands and it will simply spit out the value instead of
drawing a graph.