[rrd-users] Question about RRDTool ..

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:04:56 CET 2008

Hi

>  This is not an error. I thought the same but the reason is that rrdtool
>  interpolates the given value based on the step compared to the one before.
>  Only if you have absolutely STEP seconds between data points it will take
>  the given value.

I see.

Is there a way to retrieve the exact value ?
I am using RRD as an easy way to collect all my data and perform
simple statistical analysis on it (average, max, min).

But I want to be able to retrieve the value of an interval as it was
entered for that interval.

>  After reading this in the documentation I think it is right way because when
>  collecting automatically you'll probably never get exactly the defined STEP!
Yes that is true.
It will take between 35s to 40s for my script to collect the data
before it can be fed to RRDtool.

Jean-Yves