[rrd-users] Question about RRDTool ..

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 03:57:30 CET 2008

Hi

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
>  Normalisation
>
>  OK, I'll mention it again - NORMALISATION
>
>  end-start is 481 sample periods, width is 400 pixels (the default
>  since you have failed to explicitly set it), therefore the data is
>  normalised to fit the graph. You'll note that in the example I gave,
>  I explicitly set the width of the graph to fit the number of samples
>  being graphed.

If you check the end and start period, you will see that I used your
earlier formula to make sure I had the correct amount of sample
The value returned by rrdtool graph was 481, I thought that was the
width of the graph ...
I realise now

Still doesn't make sense why it would do normalisation when
calculating a minimum or a maximum... There's no need for it, it will
always give inaccurate result.

Jean-Yves