[rrd-users] Generate graphs without a RRD?

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Sun Mar 23 12:37:22 CET 2008

Simon Hobson wrote:

> - create rrd file, see docs
> - extract data from sql database, write query
> - insert into rrd file, see docs again
> - draw graph, see docs
> - delete rrd file, "rm ${tempfile}"

I have tested both approaches and there does not seem to be much
difference in speed (both are quite fast), So I think I'm going to stay
away from SQLite to reduce the overall complexity and just use RRD.

Downside is of course that this way I somehow ignore the RR from RRD,
because I will collect the data in yearly RRDs which will never ever be
overwritten. But it seems to work quite fine.

I have another question (quite similar to the one I send in February),
but I'll post this as a different thread.

Thanks!

Carsten