[rrd-users] rrdtool rpms ?

Martin Sperl rrdtool at martin.sperl.org
Wed Nov 5 18:49:41 CET 2008

Hi!

I have got a SPEC file for all the dependencies for rrdtool 1.3, which I
have attached.
This will create the dependencies needed for building rrdtool 1.3 on a
RH/Centos/UL4 in /opt/rrdtool-dependencies/ (in my case a 30MB package)
Then it should be relatively easy to add the line
PATH=/opt/rrdtool-dependencies/bin:$PATH as a first in the %build
section to the specs file that comes with the rrdtool distribution and
then build it. Obviously you should also add a dependency on
rrdtool-deps, so that the dependencies also get installed...

Attached the SPEC file for the dependency package - fetch the sources as
written in the SPEC file...

So far I have not built the rpm package itself, as I am still migrating
the libdbi patches to rrdtool and have still some "Open" points
(application modifications) before I can start talking about deploying...

Hope this helps...

                            Martin