[rrd-users] rrdtool rpms ?

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Wed Nov 5 23:20:04 CET 2008

Hi Karl:

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Karl Fischer <rrd-users at ficos.de> wrote:

> that's good news, I'll give them a try asap ...
> Have you also tried to build it on x86_64 ?

No, I don't have a x86_64 build box at the moment.

> As I mentioned before, I don't have a CentOS 4 development system, so I
> would have to set one up to do the compilation work ...
>
> For rrdtools you've attached the src.rpm which would ease the work though,
> but the dependencies I will have to build from scratch ...
> Or can you supply src.rpms for them as well?

I just got them from Fedora:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/source/SRPMS/

The build options I passed to rpmbuild when building rrdtool was:

 --define "_without_php 1" --define "_without_tcl 1" --define
"_without_ruby 1" --define "_without_python 1"

since I didn't need those bindings and some of them require extra
dependencies which I didn't care to install.

Cheers,

Bernard