[rrd-users] rrdtool rpms ?

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Thu Nov 6 08:28:13 CET 2008

Hi Martin:

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Martin Sperl <rrdtool at martin.sperl.org> wrote:

> My approach was not install/upgrade packages used by newer versions as I
> wanted to keep the original versions of RH4 untouched.
> That is why I have created this totally separate dependency RPM to be on the
> "save" side.
> Also I had the concern of 64 bit binaries.
>
> I know you told me where you have got the packages from and that I could
> recompile from spec, but in the end I thought it is safer to go with a
> separate dependency rpm containing all the tested dependencies described by
> tobi...

That's a fair comment.  Another approach is to rename the RPM names of
the dependencies and made them relocatable.  This will leave your
original RPMs untouched  In that case you could at least update these
dependencies independently if you wish, instead of having one big RPM
containing everything.

Cheers,

Bernard