[rrd-users] RRD smoothing - please help

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Tue Nov 11 08:26:25 CET 2008

Hej Johan,

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, johan thoren wrote:

> William, thanks for your reply!  I looking to accomplish a five minute
> graph with integer values like below. The problem is that I cant get rid
> of the double X.XX values that is produced by RRD.

If you'd like to get rid of any double X.XX values and convert them to
integers, have you considered a Perl or C or Bash or ZSH int/floor/ceil
type of function? :-)  Perhaps there's some intermediate steps that could
also happen between the data returned by rrdtool and your application?
It should be rather trivial to convert all those mathematical values? :-)

> no.
> 4.                            ____
> 3.                     ____
> 2.       ____
> 0.    300. 600. 900. 1200 time

With regards to your previous email (as you write -- "my goal is to store
data and ONLY display the maximum value"), max values are not necessarily
integer values.  Are you also able to share more about your overall goals?

As a disclaimer, I'm sure there's others on this mailing list that know a
lot more than I do about such things, and I defer to their wise expertise.

Hope this may help, at least a bit.   Take care,

--
William R. Lorenz