[rrd-users] Dependency build errors on Solaris 10

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Tue Nov 25 01:03:00 CET 2008

Nisrak,

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Nisrak wrote:

> I am attempting to build RRDtool on Solaris 10 SPARC and am having
> problems building one particular dependency: pangocairo.

> When I try to build pango, ./configure works fine but I get the
> following error when I try to gmake it:

> ld: fatal: recording name conflict: file
> `/usr/local/spkg/UHapache-2.2.9-r3-sol10-t2k/lib/libfreetype.so' and file
> `/usr/sfw/lib/libfreetype.so' provide identical dependency names:
> libfreetype.so.6  (possible multiple inclusion of the same file)
   [...]

Without taking a look at a 'Makefile' myself, you may want to try opening
it in your favorite editor (such as emacs or vi or whatnot) and looking
for any library path names and ld linker flags.  Ensuring the linker flags
only point to where you want should help to resolve this, I'd imagine.
You'll likely see some directory names that can be edited in that file.

Just a cursory idea.  Hope this helps.

--
William R. Lorenz